Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Ewok Village Dress (ROTJ)








Princess Leia wears this dress while in the Ewok village on Endor. This is a simple dress, as the Ewoks live simply. In the movie, the slit noted on the right side of the dress really is not too noticeable. However, when looking at promo shots of the dress, the slit is obvious...and goes really high. She wears her hair long, and with a braid going across her head.







PATTERN

McCall's 4490 (C): required some modification, primarily shortening of skirt length

FABRIC

Microsuede in tan (Fashion Fabrics Club)
Country Classics Solid in white (JoAnn Fabrics)
Suede lace in beige 1/8" (JoAnn Fabrics)--for lace ties and braid wrapping
DMC cotton floss #738 (JoAnn Fabrics)--for accents
Offray Ribbon: 1017SFS Navy, 3/8" for wrist accents/ties


This costume was relatively easy to make and is very comfortable to wear. I used Heat-n-Bond iron-on adhesive hem for the hemline. I bought a pair of crochet-style cork-wedge sandals to wear with this...they were originally $50, and I got them for $15!! They are very comfortable as well.

Here are the pics of the sandals, and of the finished dress.

2 comments:

You ~ Know ~ Who said...

Do you have the pattern for the dress still i live in canada and i'm not sure if i can get a hold of it.
If you could let me know that would be amazing!

my email is linked to when you reply

Biekewieke said...

Could you please let me know what modifications you needed to make to pull off this dress? I am not a great seamstress but would love to give this a try...
I would appreciate it a lot!