Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Mustafar Outfit (ROTS)





Padme' wears this outfit when she ventures off to Mustafar to confront Anakin about what Obi-Wan had told her.

I had originally done this one for Halloween in 2005...my first sewing "adventure." Although I still own this original costume, I decided that I needed to re-do this one, for it was far too inaccurate for me (now that I have done several screen-accurate costumes since then).


TOP

Pattern:

Butterick 4393 (A)--required modifications


Fabric:

Moleskin in a light tan/beige
Casa Satin in gold--for lining


Leather straps:

Latigo Strip 1" X &2" (Tandy Leather Factory; #4761-00)


Brooch and Buckle:

Ordered from Shadow Dale Creations--price was much cheaper when I ordered them


PANTS

Pattern:

Butterick 4201 (D)


Fabric:

Country Classic Solid in Ivory
Jet Set in Nude--for contrast panel


Here are some pics of the original costume (I did not own a dress-form then). And here are pics of the updated costume, the new gauntlets, and the brooch and buckle.

No comments: